The Wicked Powers is a planned trilogy by Cassandra Clare. The fifth in the series chronologically, it is so far set to be the last and concluding series of The Shadowhunter Chronicles. The title is derived from a Shadowhunter children's rhyme: "And bronze to summon wicked powers."
- The main characters are going to be Kit Herondale, Tiberius Blackthorn, and Drusilla Blackthorn.
- It is expected to take place either three to four years after The Dark Artifices, or in 2015. Kit and Ty are going to be about 18 years old while Dru will be about 16 or 17 years old.
- The Dark Artifices will lead into this series. TDA is expected to end in a place with unresolved issues, specifically about the government (The Clave), which will be one of the main plots of The Wicked Powers, and where "things are not great for a bunch of people, and that's gonna be hard and sad" but are also set to be resolved in TWP. Queen of Air and Darkness will "go to a new place" that will "share the story of The Wicked Powers."
- Jaime Rosales is set to be a significant character in this series.
- Being the final series installment, Cassie has plans for all the characters who are still around to face the greatest threat they've ever faced, and the characters from different generations of the Shadowhunter Chronicles will have to unite and join forces in the biggest battle they'll ever have to take it down, and that something will happen that will change the nature of Shadowhunters and what they mean. She has also stated that "It will bring the Shadowhunter Chronicles to an end. The Shadowhunter world will change forever."
- Clare hopes to publish the first installment in or around 2022, alternating with her upcoming, non-Shadowhunter-related Sword Catcher series.
- The Wicked Powers will feature a plot inspired by and very loosely based on Arthurian legend, following the "parallels" tradition of other series.
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/81458906390/shadowhunter-series-es
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/status/480743004232507392
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/status/480743355958431746
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/90391574799/books-books-books
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/114508025794/apres-twp
- ↑ https://twitter.com/fangirlishness/status/871406868824039426
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/status/617371878827671552
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/statuses/317043114164498432
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/83933377612/questions-and-answers
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/status/505555426759700480
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/103478767904/i-know-its-not-the-perpendicular-questions-you-get-on
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/161590945804/how-much-time-will-pass-between-the-end
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/104597532614/tlh-tid-tmi
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1CTHVQ8Z3k
- ↑ https://tmisource.com/2017/10/22/recap-of-cassandra-clare-in-germany/
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/161612562199/hi-cassie-i-love-your-books-and-the-characters
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/89652571804/on-death
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMUl8G17588
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/status/633848514049540097
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/status/633849541486231553
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfnITX7i8eo
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/130140340209/hai-cassie-i-love-your-books-so-much-but-im-sort