|The Mortal Instruments|
|Release Date||November 7, 2017|
The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 is the first volume of the graphic adaptation of City of Bones. It was written by Cassandra Clare and illustrated by Cassandra Jean. It will be divided into volumes, with the first set to be released on November 7, 2017.
Hanging out with her best friend, Simon, is just about the most exciting thing in Clary's life... that is, until she realizes there are people only she can see. But when her mother disappears and a monster attacks her, Clary has to embrace a world that she never even knew existed—a world full of vampires, werewolves, demons, and those who fight for the humans, Shadowhunters...
- It contains a bonus scene that wasn't in the books: Simon and Isabelle's first kiss in Central Park.
- At the Kinokuniya book signing in Sydney in 2015, it was announced that the series will be adapted into one big graphic novel, after the graphic novel rights to the series had been reclaimed from Th3rd World, who released an incomplete City of Bones graphic novel in 2013.
- The publishers ended up using an earlier version of Cassandra Jean's work for the first chapter of the volume, resulting in some last minute changes, such as Simon's hair and glasses, not being included, making it different from the rest of the graphic novel.
- ↑ https://www.amazon.com/dp/031646581X
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BVP7679gFMW/
- ↑ http://cassandrajp.tumblr.com/post/164363867541/hi-your-art-is-so-beautiful-im-super-excited
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRUgLxajHls
- ↑ "... they used the older files for chapter 1..." Cassandra Jean on Twitter
- ↑ "... his hair is straight and he has different glasses in chapter 1..." Cassandra Jean on Twitter