|The Lost Book of the White|
|Release Date||ca. 2020|
|Publisher|| Saga Press|
(Simon & Schuster)
| Released after|
Chain of Gold
| Released before|
Chain of Iron
Magnus Bane, a centuries old High Warlock, has taken possession of one of the great relics of the supernatural world, a powerful spell book of dark magic known as The Book of the White and there are many who want to claim it for themselves.
After the Mortal War where the part-human and part-angel Shadowhunters teamed with the part human-demon Downworlders to fight against the incursion of an army of demons, Magnus and his new lover, the mortal Alec Lightwood celebrate their survival and victory by escaping the supernatural battlefield of New York City by touring the world, but the world won't leave them alone.
Magnus ached at the thought. It clamored for him to at least give Alec Lightwood a chance. But although Magnus looked nineteen, he was not a fool and not young in love, and hadn't been for a long time. This relationship was likely a lost cause, a temporary fling at best.
He caressed Alec's face and pulled him close as they stood in the middle of the path under the half-moon hidden behind a stream of dark clouds. Their lips pressed together, gently, and he felt an arm around his waist, and the pressure of their bodies squeezing together. Magnus could feel Alec's heart pounding through his shirt, sending soft [...]
The two of them went straight for the bed, kissing and pulling and stumbling over each other, nearly falling over in the process. They tumbled onto the mattress in a tangle and clawed their way toward the headboard, hands in each other's hair, on each other's bodies, stirring each other to incandescent life.
Magnus tore himself away from Alec's lips and yanked futilely at the knots that kept the bedsheet looped around the Shadowhunter's body. "How did you tie this thing on?" he growled.
Alec, lips kiss-swollen and eyes dazed with desire, didn't seem able to respond — he just went for the buttons on Magnus' shirt with shaking fingers before eventually giving up and just tearing the garment apart down the middle, sending buttons flying across the room. Finally, more out of frustration that expediency, Magnus flicked his wrist at the bedsheet as if shooing away a fly and sent the entire thing fluttering somewhere over the Indian Ocean.
Alec raised his head to watch the sheet disappear. When he looked back at Magnus, the warlock was gazing down at him with a deep seriousness in his gold-green eyes. "You spend your entire life looking out and sacrificing for people," Magnus said, and his gentle fingers traced their way along Alec's bare torso, making him shiver. "It's your turn to just lay back and relax …"
- tagged with "malec's first time"
- Characters set to appear, aside from Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood, include: Raphael Santiago and Tessa Gray.
- The book will begin during Magnus and Alec's Europe trip that was mentioned in City of Fallen Angels. The rest of this installment may also be set during City of Fallen Angels.
- Magnus and Alec's trip to the Louvre is set to be in the book. They are also set to visit the Spiral Labyrinth and meet with Tessa Gray.
- Magnus may reveal knowledge of a sibling or two.
- The book will begin with a Schopenhauer quote: "To desire immortality is to desire the eternal perpetuation of a great mistake."
- The book will be from both Magnus and Alec's point of view.
- The title is most likely referring to the Book of the White.
- People who donated $10 to the Worldbuilders' 2016 Fundraiser got the chance to have their name used as a character in the book. The winner/s has/have yet to be announced.
- The Lost Book was initially set to be the first book in the trilogy, however, it was announced in September 2017 that the title would be switched with The Black Volume of the Dead.
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/158366178629/books-books-books
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/165297971484/qa-various-malcolm-ash-gwynburn/amp
- ↑ http://www.simonandschuster.com/books/Lost-Book-of-the-White/Cassandra-Clare/The-Eldest-Curses/9781508232247
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/158160763554/hello-cassie-i-adore-your-books-and-i-read-them
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/159325094459/hi-cassie-how-are-you-i-love-malec-a-lot-and-i
- ↑ https://tmisource.com/2016/11/03/exclusive-cassandra-clare-reveals-titles-of-magnus-bane-series-and-more/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/status/800017641876455424
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/159140925959/hey-cassie-i-cant-wait-until-lord-of-shadows
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/159664344729/will-we-see-more-of-the-spiral-labyrinth-in-any-of
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/158754705314/hey-first-i-want-to-say-that-i-am-a-huge-fan-and
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/159043307834/hi-cassie-first-of-all-i-want-to-thank-you-for
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/160240628174/tec-questions
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/162185076604/hi-cassie-i-have-a-important-question-its
- ↑ https://crowdspire.org/campaign/shadowhunters