Set in Victorian London, the series follows Tessa Gray, an orphaned teenage girl who discovers she has the power to shapeshift, abilities that plunge her into a world she never knew existed. She will have to forge an alliance with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute if she wants to survive in this dangerous world.
- Clockwork Angel was narrated by Jennifer Ehle.
- Clockwork Prince was narrated by Ed Westwick and Heather Lind.
- Clockwork Princess was narrated by Daniel Sharman.
- The series is very loosely modeled after A Tale of Two Cities, specially Clockwork Princess, which was always meant to be a loose retelling of the book.
- The series title refers to the clockwork automatons, created by the main antagonist, which were sometimes referred to as "Infernal Devices" in the trilogy.
- Cassandra Clare got the idea for the series while on the Blackfriars Bridge, hence the bridge's significance in the series.
- The US/Canada paperback book covers for The Infernal Devices are being updated (repackaged) and officially replaced with new ones with a more modern look, to be released in September 2015 by Simon & Schuster. The covers were revealed on May 13, 2015 on Tor.com.
- Simon & Schuster also has further plans to do alternative "adult covers" for the series.
- ↑ http://novelnovice.com/2010/08/17/cassie-clare-talks-clockwork-angel-a-tale-of-two-cities/
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/44845464969/clockwork-princess-questions-answers-spoilery
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/status/452931528595869697
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/111580259954/city-of-bones-has-a-brand-new-look-usa-today
- ↑ http://www.tor.com/blogs/2015/05/new-cover-art-for-cassandra-clares-infernal-devices-trilogy
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/113175260614/hey-cassie-ive-read-on-your-blog-that-the-new
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/status/574987224355356672