Set in Victorian London, the series follows Tessa Gray, an orphaned teenage girl who discovers she has the power to shapeshift, abilities that plunge her into a world she never knew existed. She will have to forge an alliance with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute if she wants to survive in this dangerous world.
Audiobook editions Edit
- Clockwork Angel was narrated by Jennifer Ehle.
- Clockwork Prince was narrated by Ed Westwick and Heather Lind.
- Clockwork Princess was narrated by Daniel Sharman.
- The series is very loosely modeled after A Tale of Two Cities.
- The series title refers to the clockwork automatons, created by the main antagonist, which were sometimes referred to as "Infernal Devices" in the trilogy.
- Cassandra Clare got the idea for the series while on the Blackfriars Bridge, hence the bridge's significance in the series.