The Dark Artifices is the third series under The Shadowhunter Chronicles.
Set in Los Angeles, 2012, five years after the events of City of Heavenly Fire, the series will follow Emma Carstairs, who, after losing both of her parents, has dedicated her life to the eradication of demons, hunting the people responsible for her parents' death, and being the best, fastest and deadliest Shadowhunter since Jace Herondale.
- For more, either go to the individual book page(s) above, or check the unidentified snippets page.
"Yeah," he said, eyelashes lowering as his gaze traced the movement of her fingers. "It hurt me being away from you. It feels like there's a hook dug in under my ribs, and there's something pulling at the other end. Like I'm tethered to you, no matter the distance."
Mark whirled on them. His eyes were blind, unseeing. "You bring the twins in front of me and you kill them over and over. My Ty, he doesn't understand why I can't save him. You bring me Dru and when she laughs to see the fairytale castle, all ringed round with hedges, you throw her against the thorns until their pierce her small body. And you bid me wash in Octavian’s blood for the blood of an innocent child is magic under the Hill."
Cristina looked after Emma, her hand going to the pendant at her own throat. It was silver, in the shape of a circle with a rose inside it. The rose was wrapped around with thorny briars. Words were written in Latin on the back: she didn't need to look at them to know them. She’d known them all her life. Blessed be the Angel my strength who teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. The rose for Rosales, the words for Raziel, the Angel who had created the Shadowhunters a thousand years ago. Cristina had always thought Emma fought for her parabatai and for revenge, while she fought for family and faith. But maybe it was all the same thing: maybe it was all love, in the end.
- The poem Annabel Lee by Edgar Allan Poe is part of the basis for The Dark Artifices.
- The series title, The Dark Artifices, was taken from "The Annals of Imperial Rome," a historical work written by Tacitus.
- Ariadne Blackthorn, who was part of the original set of announced characters in the series, was written off during the writing of City of Heavenly Fire.
- There will be information about the "missing" Herondale.
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/44498423917/hii-cassie-love-your-books-one-question-so-you
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/63368744119/hello-miss-casandra-i-have-a-really-unusual
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/57618878194/this-poem-is-part-of-the-basis-for-the-dark
- ↑ http://http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/20688985302/the-blackthorns-names-are-all-roman-is-that-what-they
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/81098240611/hey-cassie-i-love-your-books-and-i-love-the-fact
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/status/480718425518768128