|The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy|
|Season 1, Episode 2|
|Premiere date||January 19, 2016|
|Written by|| Ed Decter (story)|
Hollie Overton (teleplay)
|Directed by||Mick Garris|
| Episode Guide
The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy is the second episode of Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments.
With the knowledge that Valentine is alive and on the hunt for The Mortal Cup, the Institute is on high alert. Not wanting to waste time, Jace jumps into action and figures that Clary's memories are the key to finding Jocelyn and The Mortal Cup. Unfortunately, Clary's memories were wiped leaving her without any recollection of this other life that could help her and the team. With only one other option remaining, Jace, Isabelle and a very reluctant Alec take Clary to the City of Bones to face the powerful Silent Brothers.
- See more here
A list of the known songs and score music featured in this episode:
- "Street Clothes" - Marz Ferrer ft. Voli
- "Emmanuel (Instrumental)" - BASECAMP
- "Maced in Space" - Extreme Music
- "Great Disaster" - Desoto Jones
The following are elements adapted from The Mortal Instruments:
- The Circle and the Uprising were mentioned.
- For Hodge's involvement with the Circle, he was cursed with the inability to ever leave the Institute.
- Isabelle is a bad cook.
- Clary is condescendingly called "little girl".
- Clary was taken to the Silent Brothers in an effort to access her blocked memories, specifically for the whereabouts of the Cup.
- Clary sees the Shadowhunter creed on a statue of an angel near the entrance to the City of Bones. Jace translates the motto as "Looking better in black than
the widows of our enemies", before Clary is informed of its true meaning immediately after.