|Portrayed by Will Tudor|
temporary image; from BTS
Sebastian Verlac is an English Shadowhunter from the London Institute. He is a charming, brilliant, and highly-educated Shadowhunter with unrivaled fighting abilities who finds his way to the New York Institute after befriending someone from the city.
Behind the scenes
- This version of Sebastian will only appear on Freeform's Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments. He will be portrayed by recurring guest star Will Tudor.
- He will debut on the first episode back after the Season Two break (11th episode of the season). He will be first introduced in reference to a character already known on the show, and will head to the Institute after befriending one of the main characters.
- Differences from the novel:
- Sebastian Verlac will be from London Institute, while his book counterpart was from Paris.
- The character will have a British accent.
- The writers put their own spin on the character.
- Behind the scenes, the writers refer to him as "Bass".
- Sebastian may also have a new backstory on the show.
- Sebastian's backstory may be that he grew up in Hell, where he was tortured by a demon. His skin was torn off layer by layer, among other terrible things done to him.
- Sebastian's character has been described as "someone who can be compassionate, and who may seem like a decent person on the surface. (...) That kind of dramatic resonance never goes away from a person, no matter how you shellac it."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Shadowhunters Finds Its Sebastian in Thrones' Will Tudor | TVLine
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Big News! The Role of Sebastian Has Finally Been Cast! Shadowhunters on Freeform
- ↑ Facebook Live with Dom and Will - Shadowhunters on Facebook
- ↑   - "Bass is short for Sebastian." Todd Slavkin (@toddzer1) on Twitter
- ↑ "Wow a whole new backstory for Sebastian! " Cassandra Clare (@cassieclare) on Twitter
- ↑ "I don't know -- they're very different from what I understand." Cassandra Clare (@cassieclare) on Twitter
- ↑ Shadowhunters EPs Tease Sebastian's (Eventual) Arrival in Season 2 | TVLine