|Portrays Clary Fray|
|Born:||November 22, 1995 (age 20)|
|Birthplace:||Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.|
|Character portrayed:||Clary Fray|
Katherine McNamara was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S. and currently resides in Los Angeles, California.
Kat got kicked out from school in her first grade and was homeschooled afterwards. She finished high school with honors at the age of 14. At 17, she graduated with honors from Drexel University's Le Bow School of Business online program with her Bachelor's degree in Business.
McNamara's career began on Broadway at the age of 13 as Fredrika Armfeldt in A Little Night Music. She has since relocated to Los Angeles, where she has landed a succession of television and movie roles.
After an extensive search for the character of Clary Fray for ABC Family's television adaptation of The Mortal Instruments, Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments, it was announced on May 6, 2015 that McNamara has been cast for the role. She auditioned, read with Dominic Sherwood, who had previously been cast as her primary love interest Jace Wayland, and had a screen test with Alberto Rosende, also previously cast as her character's best friend, Simon Lewis.
- Kat has a passion for all forms of dance including ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, lyrical, waltz and hula. She also plays the guitar and piano and enjoys singing and songwriting, and has even recorded and released some of her original songs.
- Kat wrote and performed the song "Chatter", her first original single, for the soundtrack of a movie she appeared in, Contest.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 http://www.katmcnamara.com/html/about.html
- ↑ http://www.collegemagazine.com/girl-vs-monster-cm-interviews-katherine-mcnamara/
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article329756/Lee's-Summit-native-Katherine-McNamara's-star
- ↑ http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/shawdowhunters-katherine-mcnamara-happyland-1201489192/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/mcgswonderland/status/590969405930012672
- ↑ https://twitter.com/ShadowhuntersTV/status/596059808421130240
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AUnLntOftc