|Portrayed by Jon Cor|
|“||You remind me of me, Alec. A loyal friend standing in the shadow of the Chosen One. Hey. Don't make the same mistakes I did. Look where it got me.||”|
–Hodge, Dead Man's Party
Once a member of the Circle, a follower of Valentine Morgenstern, and someone who viewed Jocelyn Fairchild as one of his best friends, Hodge repented after the Uprising. He was sent to the New York Institute to live out his days, forbidden to ever leave its grounds. He became its weapons trainer. The Circle rune on his neck was cursed by the Clave, made to burn and hurt him every time he spoke of the Circle and their activities.
When Jace Wayland brought Jocelyn's daughter, Clary Fray, to the Institute and took her to see Hodge, he immediately recognized her as his old friend Jocelyn due to their resemblance. Hodge was devastated to learn that Jocelyn was kidnapped by Valentine and members of the Circle, as he had believed him dead all these years. Despite the pain he experiences when discussing the Circle, Hodge proceeded to tell Clary all he could about them and about why they could want the Mortal Cup or Jocelyn.
Once, after Clary's mundane friend Simon was kidnapped, Hodge found Alec Marking his arrows and about to sneak weapons out of the Institute but told him that he would rather not hear his reason or excuse so he wouldn't have to report them. However, he noticed Alec's dilemma with Jace and Clary. Knowing that Clary is Valentine's daughter, Hodge warned Alec about being "a loyal friend standing in the shadow of the chosen one" and following him for her sake, comparing Alec's situation with his during his time with the Circle.
Skills and abilities
- Nephilim physiology: Being Nephilim, Hodge possesses a variety of enhanced physical and mental abilities granted to him by the angel blood of Raziel in his veins and also by the angelic Marks of the Gray Book. This includes enhanced strength, agility, stamina, and coordination, which only improved over time and practice.
- Use of heavenly weapons: As a Nephilim, Hodge is also able to handle heavenly weapons such as seraph blades, with effect, since this would normally not work for other species.
- Runic magic: Due to the Angel Raziel's blood in their veins, all Shadowhunters are all able to apply runes on their skin without any real danger. These Marks, in turn, give varied effects that serve to benefit the wearer.
- The Sight: As a Shadowhunter, Hodge is able to easily see through most magical illusions and layers of glamour over reality.
- Hand-to-hand combat: Hodge is an expert in both armed and unarmed combat and is particularly skilled in the use of his weapons of choice, the chakram.
|Season One appearances: 10/13|
|The Mortal Cup:|
|The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy:|
|Dead Man's Party:|
|Moo Shu to Go:|
|Of Men and Angels:|
|This World Inverted:|
|Blood Calls To Blood:|
|Season Two (2A) appearances: 1/20|
|This Guilty Blood:|
|A Door Into the Dark:|
|Day of Wrath:|
|Dust and Shadows:|
|How Are Thou Fallen:|
|Love is a Devil:|
|Bound By Blood:|
|By the Light of Dawn:|
Behind the scenes
- He was portrayed in a recurring role by guest star Jon Cor on Freeform's Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments.