|By the Light of Dawn|
|Season 2, Episode 10|
|Premiere date||March 6, 2017|
|Written by||Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer|
|Directed by||Joshua Butler|
| Episode Guide
The New York Institute is under attack as Valentine's plan for the Soul-Sword is getting dangerously close to coming to fruition. The Shadowhunters must act fast to save their loved ones and the rest of the Downworld.
Meanwhile, some of the Downworlders have their own plan to stop Valentine and their target is Clary.
- See more here
A list of the known songs and score music featured in this episode:
- "Movement" - High Highs
- "Sun Light" - N3XTST3P
- "Rising Rising" (Bassnectar Remix) - Crywolf
The following are elements adapted from The Mortal Instruments:
- Like Cassandra Clare's headcanon about Raphael, his TV counterpart is also asexual.
- Valentine abducted Simon and slit his throat; by the time Jace found him, he was dying and was in desperate need of blood to survive. Jace let Simon feed on him, after which, because of his pure angel blood, Simon became impervious to the sun.
- The "I could have killed you"-"I would have let you" exchange between Jace and Simon was a direct quote from the book City of Ashes.
- Jace, like Clary, has pure angel blood instead of demon blood and is not Valentine's son as previously believed.
- ↑ "We usually never like to be meta on this show but couldn't resist the shapeshifting line." DSwim on Twitter
- ↑ Links showing viewer sentiments regarding the rune:  
- ↑ "Season 2A was a whirlwind..." Katherine McNamara wrap post on Instagram
- ↑ "Last day on set! Harry shaves his beard." — Shadowhunters Updates; Harry Shum Jr. on Snapchat
- ↑ "Alberto wrapped up with a celebratory burger." — Shadowhunters Updates; Alberto Rosende on Snapchat
- ↑ "Wrapped!" Peter Binswanger on Twitter