The subject of this article is a real-life person, place, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Shadowhunters' Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Idris really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
New York City is the most populous city in the United States.
Jocelyn and Clary Fray once resided in a brownstone apartment in Park Slope in Brooklyn. Simon Lewis, his sister Rebecca, and his mother, Elaine, also lived in a row house in Brooklyn. Magnus Bane's apartment is also in Brooklyn. Luke Garroway runs a bookstore out of his house in Manhattan, and has a farm in upstate New York. Jordan Kyle and Simon, also share an apartment in Manhattan. Jocelyn and Clary also used to live in East Village, Manhattan.
- Magnus Bane is the High Warlock of Brooklyn.
- The New York vampire clan which has primarily resided in the derelict Hotel Dumort since the 1970s.
- The New York werewolf pack, lead by Luke Garroway, has their base of operations in an abandoned police station, particularly the Second Precinct building in Chinatown, glamoured as a take-out only Chinese restaurant called the Jade Wolf. The werewolves also ran an underground werewolf bar called Hunter's Moon.
- An entrance to the Seelie Court is found beneath the Turtle Pond in Central Park, accessible by stepping into the reflection of the moon hovering directly over the pond.
- Downworlders mingle with mundanes in the Pandemonium Club. It is also a hunting ground for some demons.
- Downworlders and Shadowhunters, as well as mundanes, are the regular customers of the faerie-run restaurant Taki's Diner.
- An entrance to the Silent City is found beneath the defunct New York City Marble Cemetery in Manhattan, accessible through Raziel's statue.
- An entrance to the Adamant Citadel is found at the old Augustinian Monastery on Grymes Hill, Staten Island.
- Simon Lewis was buried and reborn as a vampire in a Jewish cemetery in the outskirts of Queens.
- The renovated Ironworks factory in Long Island City, Queens was where Luke's pack threw him a party to celebrate his engagement and upcoming wedding to Jocelyn.
- It is the main setting of The Mortal Instruments.