Lucie Blackthorn (née Herondale)
|Age:||16 (as of 1903)|
(According to a family tree):
Lucie developed a love for writing when she was young. On her eighth birthday, James got her a thick blank book, which would become one of her most prized possessions. She kept it next to her bed and would copy her favorite pieces of her own work into it.
In 1899, Lucie went to France with her mother. There, she met and, in a span of two weeks, became very close to Cordelia Carstairs. They began to exchange letters every week. Some time after, at the age of twelve, Lucie began to write what would become a two-thousand page novel called The Beautiful Cordelia.
Lucie has brown hair, inherited from her mother, and pale blue eyes that are a shade lighter than her father's.
Skills and abilities
- Nephilim physiology: Being Nephilim, Lucie is expected to possess a variety of enhanced physical and mental abilities granted to her by the angel blood of Raziel in her veins and also by the angelic Marks of the Gray Book. This includes enhanced strength, agility, stamina, and coordination, which would improve over time and practice.
- Runic magic: Due to the angel blood in their veins, all Shadowhunters are all able to apply runes of the Gray Book on their skin without any real danger. These Marks, in turn, give varied effects that serve to benefit the wearer.
- Demonic magic: Lucie is said to have special "talents" due to inheriting some demon blood from her mother. However, as of 1903, she is still unaware of them.
- James Herondale: brother, with whom she is very close.
- Cordelia Carstairs: her best friend and parabatai.
- Matthew Fairchild: James' parabatai, whom she also adores.
- Jesse Blackthorn: she is obsessed with him and his destiny. Marries him, acording to the found family tree.
- She was named after Lucie Manette, a character in the book A Tale of Two Cities, a favorite of both her parents.
- Lucie, like her brother and cousins, can speak Welsh.
- Her favorite book is Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
- Like her father, she is the parabatai of a Carstairs.
- Her brother, James, calls her Spots and Tuppence, among other nicknames.
- While both Lucie and James gained significant, special abilities through the demon blood they inherited from their mother, she, unlike James, is still unaware of them as of 1903 and it is something she wonders about. Also unlike James (who has golden eyes), however, she doesn't have any physical sign of peculiarity.
- Lucie is a writer, particularly of novels, and the mystery of Jesse Blackthorn's fate occupies her mind. Will would like Lucie to eventually marry Alastair Carstairs. In addition to this, Lucie is much inclined to make things up.
- She and Cordelia are set to become parabatai in The Last Hours.
- Lucie can see ghosts/the dead. Though this is typical of most Shadowhunters, it is possible that she, like her father, Will, just sees even those who don't want to be seen, or that it has a connection to her "gift".
- ↑ Cassandra Clare answering a fan — Italian Shadowhunter fansite.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A History of Notable Shadowhunters & Denizens of the Downworld
- ↑ Nothing but Shadows
- ↑ TLH pin — Cassandra Clare on Pinterest
- ↑ "She's a very practical girl," Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ TLH sneak peek, CC Fangirlish interview
- ↑ "Very close." Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ "They are best friends." Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 "Yes, they are best friends and become parabatai in the Last Hours." Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ "Lucie adores Matthew." Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ "Cecily and Will's kids speak Welsh." Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ "Great Expectations", Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ "Spots", Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ "Tuppence. Spots. Other stuff." Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ "does Lucie have a power also?" "She does." Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ "— she doesn't know as the books open. It's something she wonders about." Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Lucie's power — Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ "Lucie writes novels," Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ TLH characters, Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ "She's much inclined to make things up." Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ "She can see the dead." Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ "Good catch", Cassandra Clare on Twitter