|Learn About Loss|
|Release Date|| July 10, 2018 (e-book)|
2019 (print edition)
| Released after|
Every Exquisite Thing
| Released before|
A Deeper Love
Learn About Loss is the fourth short story in Ghosts of the Shadow Market: An Anthology of Tales, co-written by Cassandra Clare and Kelly Link.
- This story will be set in the 1936 and will involve Jem Carstairs—as Brother Zachariah—visiting a dark carnival and dabbling in demon summoning.
- This installment may introduce Tobias's grandson, who becomes a very skilled magician famous in the Shadow Market.
- This story will be set in Tennessee.
- Will may be featured in this installment. With the installment set a year before his death, when Will had gotten sick and old, we will see "Jem grappling with Will's mortality." "The end of the story gives us a bittersweet moment of Jem and Will togetherness that highlights their bond.."
He was Jem again, and he was in the city where he had been born. Shanghai.
Someone said, "Jem? Am I dreaming?" Even before he turned his head, Jem knew who would be sitting there beside him.
And it was Will. Not Will old and tired and wasted as Jem had last seen him, and not even Will as he had been when they'd first met Tessa Gray. No, this was Will as he had been in the first few years when they had lived and trained together in the London Institute. As he had been when they made their oath and become parabatai. Thinking this, Jem looked at his shoulder, where his parabatai rune had been inscribed. The flesh there was unmarked. He saw that Will was doing the same thing, looking under his collar for the rune on his chest.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Learn About Loss on Simon & Schuster
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Learn About Loss excerpt in Every Exquisite Thing
- ↑ books. schedule. books! — Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/171596656289/qa-herondales
- ↑ Cassandra Clare at BookCon 2018
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/174822247999/hi-cassie-i-cant-tell-you-enough-how-much-i