|Full name:||James Herondale|
|Age:||77 (during known death)|
|Family:|| Cordelia Carstairs (wife)|
Owen Herondale (son)
Will Herondale (father)
Tessa Gray (mother)
Lucie Herondale (sister)
Ella Herondale † (aunt)
Cecily Herondale (aunt)
Early life Edit
James was born with the ability to turn into a shadow because of his mother's demonic lineage. Because of this, he regularly faced prejudice in the Shadowhunter society, to the point where he was severely bullied as a child in the Shadowhunter Academy and had to leave. It was during this time, however, that James met and became friends with Matthew Fairchild, who eventually became his parabatai.
Later life Edit
At one point, he fell in love with and had his heart broken by Grace Cartwright. He has since had suicidal tendencies because of this.
In 1903, James had gotten drunk and had encountered Magnus Bane, who mistook him for Will. Only when he saw James's gold eyes, and remembered that James was nearly 25 years younger than Will would have been, did he realize that he was not Will.
Years later, at his father's deathbed, he spoke about Will's fear of ducks and his battle to keep them out of the pond at the family home in Yorkshire.
James has special "talents," due to inheriting some demon blood from his mother which allowed them to use magic. James can turn into a shadow.
- James Herondale was named after Jem Carstairs, Will's parabatai and Tessa's former fiancé.
- He is the last Herondale to have a sibling, because according to the "found" family tree, the Herondale boys leading up to Jace are only sons.
- James is one of the two Herondale boys known to have gold eyes, the other being Jace.
- James describes himself as unpredictable
- Clockwork Princess (first mentioned)
- The Midnight Heir (first appearance)
- The Last Hours (set to appear)