|Full name:||James Herondale|
|Age:||77 (during known death)|
|Relatives:|| Ella Herondale (aunt) |
Cecily Herondale (aunt)
James Herondale was the first child of Tessa Gray and Will Herondale, and the older brother of Lucie Herondale. He is apparently married to Cordelia Carstairs and apparently the father of Owen Herondale.
Early life Edit
Years later, at his father's deathbed, he spoke about Will's fear of ducks and his battle to keep them out of the pond at the family home in Yorkshire.
At one point, he fell in love with and had his heart broken by Grace Cartwright. He has since had suicidal tendencies because of this.
When Magnus first saw James, he mistook him for Will due to their resemblance. Only when he saw James's gold eyes, and remembered that James was nearly 25 years younger than Will would have been, did he realize that he was not Will.
James, like his sister Lucie, has special "talents," due to inheriting some demon blood from his mother which allowed them to use magic. James can turn into a shadow.
- James Herondale was named after Jem Carstairs, Will's parabatai and Tessa's former fiancé.
- He is the last Herondale to have a sibling, because according to the "found" family tree, the Herondale boys leading up to Jace are only sons.
- James is one of the two Herondale boys known to have gold eyes, the other being Jace.
- Because of his ability to turn into a shadow, James was severly bullied as a child, and is regularly faced with prejudice, which is how he became friends with Matthew.
- Clockwork Princess (first mentioned) (Chapter Epilogue)
- Midnight Heir (first appearance)
- The Last Hours (set to appear)