|Ghosts of the Shadow Market: An Anthology of Tales|
Teaser image by Davood Diba
|Release Date|| April 2018 (first story)|
2019 (print edition)
| Released after|
Lord of Shadows
| Released before|
Queen of Air and Darkness
Ghosts of the Shadow Market: An Anthology of Tales is an upcoming compilation of novellas by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, Robin Wasserman, Sarah Rees Brennan, and Kelly Link. It will comprise of 10 short stories: the first eight will be published in e-book format from April 2018 monthly, and the last two stories will be published in the print edition set to be released in 2019.
The Shadow Market is a meeting point for faeries, werewolves, warlocks and vampires. There the Downworlders buy and sell magical objects, make dark bargains, and whisper secrets they do not want the Nephilim to know. Through two centuries, however, there has been a frequent visitor to the Shadow Market from the City of Bones, the very heart of the Shadowhunters. As a Silent Brother, Brother Zachariah is sworn keeper of the laws and lore of the Nephilim. But once he was a Shadowhunter called Jem Carstairs, and his love, then and always, is the warlock Tessa Gray.
Follow Brother Zachariah and see, against the backdrop of the Shadow Market’s dark dealings and festive celebrations, Anna Lightwood's first romance, Matthew Fairchild's great sin and Tessa Gray plunged into a world war. Valentine Morgenstern buys a soul at the Market and a young Jace Wayland's soul finds safe harbor. In the Market is hidden a lost heir and a beloved ghost, and no one can save you once you have traded away your heart. Not even Brother Zachariah...
- Currently, the known secondary characters next to Jem/Zachariah whose story will be told in an installment of the collection are the following:
- This anthology is similar to Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, where it will follow one particular character, but each installment will feature different characters whose stories are connected by one common place. In this case, the collection follows Jem Carstairs (Brother Zachariah) through his life from The Infernal Devices to the time of The Dark Artifices, and the stories are connected by the different times he visited the Shadow Market and his paths crossed with other characters, from The Infernal Devices. The Last Hours, The Mortal Instruments, and The Dark Artifices.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Synopsis reveal by Cassandra Clare on Instagram
- ↑ First press release | The Bookseller
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/167491581814/hi-cassie-c%C3%A9line-herondale-was-always-my-favorite
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/167667075629/qa-publishing-queen-tlh
- ↑ Cassandra Clare Q&A at the 2017 Frankfurt Book Fair — TMI Source