|Release Date||ca. 2019|
Unlike the first eight stories, this will not be released as an e-book and will only be available in the print edition of Ghosts of the Shadow Market, set for release in 2019, with the preceding story, Ghosts of Old Loves.
- This will be set after Queen of Air and Darkness.
- Jace Herondale may be featured in this installment.
There were bluebells in the wood beyond the stone walls, and oak trees were dropping green stars in the grass. This garden made Jem think of long-ago children he would have saved if he could: his Cordelia, her sword at her back and her arms full of bright flowers, none so bright as her smile when she saw him, and Cordelia's brother Alastair with his long fingers over his bitter eyes. Jem had only ever known their faces through magic in the dark. He had never seen either of them with his eyes open, and he never would.
- The title of the story is taken from the line "Awake, arise, or be forever fallen!" in John Milton's poem Paradise Lost.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 First press release | The Bookseller
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 q&a: ghosts of the shadow market — Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "I cry whenever we work on the last one. Oh Jace." Sarah Rees Brennan on Twitter
- ↑ "“Forever Fallen,” the last Ghosts of the Shadow Market story"... Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ sotd-gotsm — Cassandra Clare on Tumblr