This article is incomplete and may be considered a stub. It is in need of immediate attention, additions, and/or work. Please help to improve this article by expanding it to give a more complete coverage of its subject.
|Portrayed by Robert Sheehan|
|“||I'm the one who's always been there for you, not him! I'm in love with you. And it's clear that you don't feel the same way.||”|
At almost six-feet tall, Simon is gangly, with curly, brown hair and green eyes. Simon also wears glasses.
Behind the scenes
- This version of Simon only appeared in the film The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. The character, though minimally changed, was not explored beyond the film.
- He was portrayed by Robert Sheehan. Cassandra Clare made his casting public through a Tumblr post, a while after Robert had chemistry tests with Jamie Campbell Bower (who portrayed Jace Wayland) and Lily Collins (Clary Fray). On the same post, Cassandra stated that she had always wanted Robert, of Misfits fame, to play Simon.
- A Tumblr account for the character was set up and launched by Sony for promotion of the film.
- A Spotify playlist was also made for the character.
- Simon had green eyes in the film instead of brown.
- Simon is also some years older in the movie than his book counterpart.
- In the book, Simon drunk a potion that turned him into a rat at Magnus Bane's party and is then mistakenly taken to the Hotel Dumort; in the film, he was drugged and abducted on purpose to lure Clary and the other Shadowhunters into the Hotel. However, in a deleted scene, Simon does state that he "felt like a rat" during his drugged state. Simon was also bit and already showing signs of becoming a vampire in the film; while he only bit Raphael Santiago in the first book and was only bit and Turned in the second.