Cordelia Herondale (née Carstairs)
|Age:||17 (as of early 1903)|
Elias Carstairs † (father)
Cordelia has light brown skin, dark red hair, and black eyes.
Skills and abilities
- Nephilim physiology: Being Nephilim, Cordelia possesses a variety of enhanced physical and mental abilities granted to her by the angel blood of Raziel in her veins and also by the angelic Marks of the Gray Book. This includes enhanced strength, agility, stamina, and coordination, which only improved over time and practice.
- Use of heavenly weapons: As a Nephilim, Cordelia is also able to handle heavenly weapons with effect, since this would normally not work for other species. In particular, these are weapons made of adamas and forged by Iron Sisters, such as seraph blades.
- Runic magic: Due to the Angel Raziel's blood in their veins, all Shadowhunters are all able to apply runes on their skin without any real danger. These Marks, in turn, give varied effects that serve to benefit the wearer.
- Basic Shadowhunter gear, including: a stele and seraph blades.
- Cortana: a sword that has been passed down through the Carstairs family, both Cordelia and Alastair have been given opportunities to use the sword, which is in the possession of their father. It is her favorite weapon.
- In her childhood, she loved scaring her brother Alastair Carstairs. Her favorite method was hiding under his bed and grabbing his ankle when he gets close enough to reach. They also shared a common interest in architecture and together built castles out of wood blocks, inspired by their last name.
- She is set to be a main character in The Last Hours.
- She, like her cousin, Jem, is parabatai with a Herondale.
- Cordelia speaks Farsi, presumably taught by her Persian mother. She splits her time between Idris, Paris and London.
- Cordelia, who is a bit of a scapegrace, as well as spunky and feisty, has a strained relationship with her older brother, Alastair, whom she finds annoying.
- She has had a crush on James Herondale since she was ten years old.
- In TLH 1, we are set to find out the weird, yet reasonable, reason why Cordelia and James eventually get married.
- ↑ Age when TLH starts, Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ Clockwork Princess family tree
- ↑ A portrait of Cordy, where "Cordy" is seen as a tag on the post. Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ Nickname, Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ Nothing but Shadows
- ↑ What she looks like, Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 A History of Notable Shadowhunters & Denizens of the Downworld
- ↑ Series links — Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ Parabatai — Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ Something about Cordelia, Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ Jordelia talk, Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ TLH Q&A, Fangirlish
- ↑ Something about Cordelia 2 — Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ Annoying, Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ The Last Hours character portraits and details — Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ In the first book of Last Hours, Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ Reason, Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ Good reason, Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ "You'll find out why he married her," Cassandra Clare on Tumblr