|“||I am Airmed, son of Mannan. We are the children of a god, you see. We are much older than the Wild Hunt, and much more powerful.||”|
–Airmed introducting himself and his siblings, Lord of Shadows
Airmed is a son of Mannan and has lived almost since the beginning of time. He is powerful faerie, of wild magic, making him a fey that is capable of lying. In the old days, he hunted giants and monsters with his siblings, but they eventually chose to serve the Unseelie King as his personal hunters and assassins.
In 2012, Airmed and his siblings were sent after the Blackthorn family to retrieve the Black Volume of the Dead for the Unseelie King. Airmed went after Emma Carstairs and Julian Blackthorn in Cornwall, along with Delan, Ethna, and Fal, while the rest pursued two other Blackthorns in London.
In a confrontation on Chapel Cliff, Airmed and his siblings fought Emma and Julian until Emma unexpectedly killed Fal with her sword Cortana. Airmed tried to retaliate after but was disarmed by Julian. With Delan realizing her blade's potential power, Airmed used his magic to call the Riders' flying steeds and they retreated.
He later attacked the Blackthorns in London with all his remaining siblings, using a human child to lure them out of the Institute. They almost succeeded in killing the Blackthorns until Annabel Blackthorn arrived and drove them away by threatening to use the Unseelie King's name against him.
As an ancient and powerful faerie, Airmed is very confident in his power and proud of his heritage. He is loyal to the Unseelie King and to his siblings and is disdainful of his enemies.
Airmed is a tall man with a sharply chiseled jaw and bronze braided hair that hangs halfway down his back. He wears a bronze half mask as well as bronze armor etched all over with designs of waves and the sea.
- Longevity: As a Rider of Mannan, Airmed is very old and has been alive for thousands of years.
- Magic: Airmed possesses magic that allows him to summon his steed.
- Enhanced Strength/Speed: Airmed is able to move incredibly fast and deal heavy blows.
- Invulnerability: Airmed is immune to most magic, such as seraph blades, and cannot be killed by conventional means.
- Airmed has the bronze armor, mask, gear, and weapons, including a longsword, that all the Riders possess.
- In Irish mythology, Airmed was a goddess and a part of the Tuatha Dé Danann, a race of supernatural beings. She healed those injured in the Second Battle of Magh Tuiredh. She is believed to be the only one who knows all the secrets of herbalism. She is also one of the enchanters whose incantation sung over the well of Sláine was able to resurrect the dead.